Monday 10 February 2014

Card Fraud

I have been made the victim of credit card fraud! An attempt to use my details to top up £10 of O2 credit plus, £4 to a floor covering firm in the United States. The operator indicated that perhaps, this wasn't behaviour that was too out of the ordinary, and that I might be interested in taking advantage of the reduced prices available in North America,

"To see the U.S is an ambition of mine" I began, "I hardly think I'd jet over to the New World, land of Faulkner and Hawthorne, Meville and Poe, to acquire new tiles for my bathroom"

"There's no need to be sarcastic Mr. Morgan" she replied, "I re-floored my beach hut in Yarmouth from an online discount textiles company in Michigan"

"So what would £4 get me there?" I asked,

"Our records show that the transaction was attempted in the cafe area of the store. It appears that the person tried to buy a burrito"

I paused,

"What kind of burrito?" I asked,

"I'm afraid our system isn't able to determine such detail Mr. Morgan."

No comments:

Post a Comment