Sunday 6 October 2013

Celtic Enchantment / Love Has Found Me


Celtic Enchantment

Takest to form a fish or hare,
Or whispers on the evening air,
Takest to form a bully bear
In the forsets of the dawning.

Takest to form the woodland trees,
And leap with ease from leaf to leaf,
Takest to form the summer breeze,
And listen in the evening.

When thy enemy is close at last,
Takest to form the swaying grass,
Make him of his wit to ask,
And confusion send him reeling.

Takest to form the darkest night,
Deprive him of all strength and sight,
Run him down with all your might,
To the silent river moving.                              Reading, 2008.


Love has found me

Love has found me,
Made me hungry for it's taste,
Shuddering humble in it's gaze,
Love has found me.

Let me hold you,
Keep you safe and warm,
Keep you safe from harm,
As I hold you.

Our time is precious,
A jewel sacred in your hand,
From it I carve a wedding band,
Our time is precious.

The rhythm of our rhyme,
Love can find, love can find,
Command the beating of a heart,
Love draws as distance parts.

                                                           Scotland 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment