Sunday 6 October 2013

your want of me ~

i am 
i a
i am your better self
encroached by wit in the sidelines
the shadows
i watch your indiscretions
your losses
you counter my better judgements
act on a behalf alone
it is in the glass you see me
i stare with your thoughts
sprawling on my face
you catch me in car windows
a better shade of self from another world
at night i settle
and talk to you
but you scream in snores and sweats
have you ever slept well
knowing i am so close behind the veil
i sleep often i dont have to be awake
the years meander and i live
in my distant palace
made grand by your want of me
occasionally you pass my gates
unaware i live there
you live there
waiting to awaken in the first morning
and walk
stride through any glass
even a finger
to touch me


No comments:

Post a Comment